The Paramedic participates in the provision of patient care based on appropriate training and acuity of patient care needs. He/she performs patient care within scope of State licensure as well as BHC approved skills and competencies for the emergency care setting. He/she ensures a safe, comfortable, therapeutic environment for patients and families and collaborates with the care team in contribution to quality outcomes. Performs other duties related to the provision of care as assigned.
The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree.
- Graduate of a Paramedic Program
- One year (1) year experience in a health care related field
- Possess a current Paramedic Certification with the Florida Department of Health
- BLS and ACLS through American Heart Association
- PALS through American Heart Association within 90 days of employment
- CPI within 90 days of employment/transfer
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills to relate effectively and compassionately with patients, families and other team members
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with other health care team members
- Demonstrates good organizational skills and ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrates appropriate and efficient use of information and technology