Job Location: Philippines
Vighter Medical Group requires former US Special Operations Forces (SOF) Medics to provide EMT-Paramedic level medical support on an aviation Casualty Evacuation (CASEVAC) program in the Philippines. Applicants must be US Citizens with military experience in AFSOC, JSOC, MARSOC, NSWC, or USASOC units to be considered. Former USAF Pararescue certification and experience is highly desired.
- Shall provide Paramedic duties in performance of the required CASEVAC services services. CASEVAC services are defined as movement of a patient, who may not be stabilized, from point of injury (POI) to a location where appropriate care can be rendered, or to a point of extraction (POE) suitable for fixed-wing/rotor-wing airlift support.
- Paramedics shall be available 24 hours a day seven (7) days a week on a standby status and be flight ready within four (4) hours of notification and may be put on a heightened response posture to be airborne within thirty (30) minutes of notification.
- Perform special operations medical support providing initial combat trauma stabilization, enroute trauma care, and CASEVAC to definitive care.
- Applies scientific knowledge to human treatment responses to actual or potential health problems
- Documents and maintains patient records of medical treatment administered
- Coordinates with operational mission planners for the safe evacuation of the patients from the originating mission to the destination facility.
- Plans and prepares for CASEVAC missions
- Ability to provide medical treatment in accordance with established protocols under the supervision of a physician
- Responsible for performing a variety of unusual and complex professional tasks without the benefit of close guidance
- Independently establishes criteria, formulates approaches, and evaluates efforts
- Proper judgment is required to prevent delays in service provision, avoid serious adverse impact on the health status of individuals and the population served, and reduce waste efforts and resources
Knowledge & Skills:
- Extensive experience conducting routine and emergency life-saving treatment to adult and pediatric patients in an austere environment is required
- Demonstrated experience with CASEVAC including planning, exercising, coordination, and execution of missions
- Shall be proficient in English
- Must have exceptional customer service skills
Experience & Education:
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) Paramedic certification is required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is required
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) certification is required
- At least four (4) years of current work experience in the last six (6) years
- Experience in SOF units required
- Current DOD Secret clearance or the ability to receive a security clearance is required
- Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work overtime if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up & down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs and carry up to 500 meters.
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to perform duties in an indoor office or outdoor environment
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must undergo urine drug testing
- Frequent travel by air to international locations will be a routine part of the job
- Must possess a valid US passport