The paraprofessional works within the context of the classroom teacher’s lesson plans and daily structure, guiding and supporting the student(s)’ participation in classroom activities as needed.
- Facilitates the implementation of academic instructional programs, class work and assessments for students.
- Interacts daily with students and staff to conduct attendance and program tracking and reports.
- Maintains positive classroom environment and monitors student behavior to keep them on task.
- Monitors students usage of the computer.
- Maintains program instructional materials and computer lab components for student usage.
- Maintains confidentiality of co-workers, children, and families.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:High school diploma and knowledge of computer software required. Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. 2 years or 30 hrs of college experience preferred.