Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant code. May install or service street lights, intercom systems, or electrical control systems. Make any necessary repairs to rides or facilities prior to opening. Responsible for all park sound maintenance and repair. Provide facility maintenance coverage in the park for electrical and technical equipment failures and answer all repair calls at those facilities / equipment to determine appropriate action for returning the facilities / equipment back into full operations. Make initial contact with approved service providers to assist with repairs if needed. Maintain assigned documentation for necessary parts, supplies and services as instructed.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualifies individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electrical wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or megger, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as megger, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, of the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Direct or train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the locations of wiring or equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, manlift, scissors lift or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment or fixtures.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Place conduit, pipes, or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit or moving or lifting heavy objects.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights or generators, or driving needed vehicles.
- Provide preliminary sketches or cost estimates for materials or services.
- Maintain and repair all park sound systems. Provide plan for long term replacement.
- Accuracy Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Decision Making Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Judgement The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Organized Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Safety Awareness Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Accountability Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Reliability The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Analytical Skills Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Responsible Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Self- Motivated Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School diploma required; two year college or technical school experience preferred.
Experience: One to two years related experience required
Computer Skills:Basic computer skills required.
Certificates & Licenses:Ability to obtain Georgia Class 2 ‘Unrestricted” Electricians License within 2 years.
Stand C (Constantly)
Walk C (Constantly)
Sit O (Occasionally)
Handling/ Fingering C (Constantly)
Reach Outward F (Frequently)
Shoulder F (Frequently)
Climb F (Frequently)
Crawl F (Frequently)
Squat or Kneel F (Frequently)
Bend F (Frequently)
10 lbs. or less C (Constantly)
11-20 lbs. C (Constantly)
21-50 lbs. F (Frequently)
51-100 lbs. O (Occasionally)
Over 100 lbs. N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs. or less C (Constantly)
13-25 lbs. C (Constantly)
26-40 lbs. O (Occasionally)
41-100 lbs. N (Not Applicable)
N (NotApplicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/ day)
C (Constantly Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Must have the ability to hear machine malfunctions.)
Sense of Smell
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety Glasses, Hard Hat, Gloves, Ear Plugs, Dust Mask, Harness, Arc Flash Suit)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/ or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.