As a part of the management team, the Chef de Cuisine works under the direction of the Executive Chef as the second culinarian in a department where the managed volume is over 1.5 million dollars annually. This position is responsible for overseeing the food production team to ensure that Parkhurst standards of quality are met. The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for supervising the culinary team, food purchasing, food specifications, meal preparation and service, and adherence to the Parkhurst Gold Standards. The Chef de Cuisine develops and follows standardized recipes and utilizes other production tools to ensure food quality and cost objectives are met. This individual supervises, schedules, reviews and participates in the hiring and disciplinary process of the culinary staff and assists in the professional development of the culinary team. This position participates in the planning and execution of special events. Performs related duties as assigned.
- Two or more years of progressive culinary experience in a leadership position.
- Ability to organize workloads and meet time deadlines.
- Strong leadership and team management skills desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft software programs.
- Associate degree in culinary arts preferred or equivalent job-related experience.