The executive chef is part of the management team as the senior culinary leader in an account over 1.5 million dollars in managed volume annually or may assume the lead position in an account below .5 million dollars in managed volume. This position oversees the kitchen operations to ensure that customers, clients and guests receive an exceptional culinary experience and that all food is served in accordance with Parkhurst standards. The executive chef is also responsible for food purchasing, menu planning, assisting with the preparation of budgets, management of food costs, all food preparation and the establishment of quality standards. The executive chef oversees supervision of team members and is responsible for menu communications, training in proper methods of food production, service and food presentation techniques, and portion control. This position ensures that the kitchen operation operates in a smooth and efficient manner. Performs related duties as assigned.
- Three or more years of progressive experience in a senior culinary leadership role, preferably in higher education and/or business dining setting.
- Proven ability to train others and lead a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software programs.
- Strong planning and organizational skills to consistently organize workloads to meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Proficient skills in math and financial management including labor and food cost controls.
- Associate's Degree in culinary arts preferred or equivalent job-related experience.