The general manager is the senior leader of the dining service department who is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and overseeing all activities and systems in a department whose managed volume is between 1.5 and 5 million dollars annually. The general manager ensures that Parkhurst standards of quality, service and cleanliness are being met. This individual is responsible for budget development and compliance, sanitation, safety, regulatory compliance, menu development, preparation and service of food and department staffing. This leader functions as the key liaison with client and other facility departments and is expected to make changes as needed to improve services, increase efficiency, manage costs and meet client requirements. This position monitors the dining operations to ensure exceptional culinary experiences for customers, clients and guests. The general manager is responsible for developing, coaching and inspiring the management team to achieve department goals. Performs related duties as assigned.
- Three or more years progressive work experience in a senior leadership position in an account of between 1-5 million dollars volume food service management, within the higher education and/or the business dining environment.
- Associate’s Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Culinary Arts or related field preferred, or equivalent job related experience.
- Proven experience in financial management and controls is essential.
- Proven ability to development management talent and build a strong management team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food service systems and administration.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft software programs.