Overview of the Job:
The administrative assistant is responsible for performing a variety of clerical/administrative functions that support the department. Performs other duties as assigned.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provides clerical and administrative support. Type, file, copy and prepare documents.
- Assists in the monthly inventory.
- Produce retail signage and verify the accuracy of all posted information.
- Assist in producing the schedule for the department.
- Performs administrative tasks using critical thinking to complete processes in a competent and expedient manner, including ensuring adequate office supplies and maintain the expenses within department budget for such supplies.
- Completes HR related processes as requested including new hire paperwork and employment advertising.
- Supports the completion of financial reporting, as requested.
- Follows up on identified issues until resolution is reached or problem is referred.
- Answers the phone promptly and courteously. Follows through on all requests with a sense of urgency.
- Actively participates in JCAHO preparation and maintenance of standards and other regulatory requirements.
- Functions with an awareness of safety and reports unsafe issues appropriately.
- Interacts with patients, guests, and all others in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Practices personal cleanliness, wears clean uniform or professional dress and utilizes hair coverings as per department dress code.
- Demonstrates dependability in attendance and completion of job tasks.
- Associate Degree preferred.
- Three or more years in an administrative role.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
- Accuracy in spelling and grammar required.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to organize workloads and meet time deadlines.
- Courteous, customer service attitude.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Lifting objects up to 40 lbs.