This person is responsible for properly preparing, cooking and storing food items that are prepared in advance to establish consistent yields and food quality. He/she shall prepare all food items in accordance with Parkhurst Dining Culinary Gold Standards, recipes, and production procedures under strict sanitary conditions following ServSafe and HAACP guidelines.
- Application of professional culinary techniques and procedures
- Cut, weigh, and prepare food items following company procedures and recipes.
- Rotate refrigerated products and dry good products in accordance with company-approved policies and procedures, always using the FIFO method.
- Maintain the proper temperatures for all foods and coolers and freezers.
- Wrap, label, date and store all food items properly to maintain freshness and quality under strict sanitary guidelines.
- Complete product cooling charts.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance and practice proper personal hygiene at all times. Frequently and correctly wash hands whenever possible.
- Assist fellow employees at every opportunity possible to ensure guests are always completely satisfied.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
- Assist in other kitchen areas when needed and asked by fellow employees and management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform said tasks.
- Standing and/or walking – 100% of time
- Occasionally lifting up to 40 pounds
- Frequently lifting up to and over 20 pounds