IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Community Learning and Program Lead Teacher
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of Lead Teacher of Adult Education program provide reading, writing, social studies, math and science instruction to students 18 and older and not enrolled in school (K-12). Provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure success for every student. Monitor and evaluate student outcomes. Communicate and interact with students, staff and community. Develop, select and modify instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students. Maintain appropriate records and follow required procedures and practices. Monitor appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.
- Responsible for teaching Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language, Pre-GED and GED courses using instructional methods geared toward the adult learner in a classroom setting.
- Plan lessons based on the learning needs of culturally diverse and multi-skill level students which prepare students to pass the GED tests and/or enhance basic education skills.
- Implement a variety of instructional delivery methods, that include group or individualized instruction as well as computer programs that help students make learning gains.
- Administer TABE tests to determine individual progress.
- Complete and maintain appropriate student registration, attendance and assessment records and ensure timely submission of data for NRS input.
- Integrate computer-aided instruction into lessons as appropriate.
- Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops,if required.
- Collaborate with colleagues and serve as a member of the adult ed instructional team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree required. Teaching experience preferred.
Position and Salary: Part-Time (20 hrs. per Week) $20 per hour.