Sidwell Friends, a coeducational Quaker day school, seeks a part-time Aide or Assistant Teacher for the Infant/Toddler & Twos Classroom in the Early Childhood Education Center (ECLC), located on its Bethesda, MD campus. The ECLC is a small facility serving the Sidwell Friends faculty and staff. The Center currently has an infant (up to 6 infants) and toddler (up to 6 toddlers) classroom.
Applicants must meet all State of Maryland requirements for an Aide (High school diploma or GED required, and at least 1 year experience preferred). In addition the ideal candidate will
· Create a warm, loving and safe environment for mobile infants
· Create an engaging atmosphere and develop meaningful activities and experiences for toddlers and twos
· Collaborate as a team to further develop our center
· Be able to interact and play with the children at their physical level
· Design activities that are child initiated, and cover physical, social/emotional, linguistic, and cognitive development
· Communicate with families
· Contribute to monthly lesson plans that are focused on the students’ interests
The Center is open 7:15 am – 5:30 pm. This position is a part time, non-benefit eligible and hours are likely Monday – Friday 7:30-11:30am or 12noon-4:30/5:30pm.
To apply, please submit the Maryland Individual Personnel Information Form along with a resume and proof of meeting the State of Maryland qualifications via our on-line application.