Little Cruisers, a NAEYC accredited child care center located at the Port of Miami is looking for a dynamic, passionate Assistant Teacher to join our team! This is a part-time position. . We know the importance of early childhood education and believe in investing in a child's future. If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a quality childcare center and have a passion for teaching and ensuring children's success, look no further, we have the right opportunity for you! The scheduled hours are 2:00pm to 7:00pm, Monday through Friday, 4-5 hours daily.
As an Assistant Teacher, you:
- Must be at least 18 years old and possess a high school diploma or equivalent; CDA required.
- 2-3 years teaching experience in a licensed childcare center.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize developmentally appropriate practices.
- Ability to understand written instructions and procedures and prepare required documents.
- CPR and First Aid Certification or must obtain certification upon hire. Must meet state specific guidelines and maintain required state regulatory training hours.
- Bilingual required.
- Must possess a caring and nurturing attitude towards children.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Reliable transportation.
- Must successfully meet Level 2 background screening requirements.
- Must be able to working collaboratively with co-workers, parents, etc. and must be familiar and comfortable working with diverse populations.
Your responsibilities include:
- Assist Lead teachers in a variety of functions, including observing, setting up the activities for children, supervising and helping during play and feeding time, feeding time, changing and diapering infants and toddlers, preparing materials needed for activities, supervising and monitoring classroom behavior and performing administrative duties.
- Assist with the development and implementation of lesson plans and daily schedules allowing flexibility to meet the needs and interest of the children.
- Observe and monitor the children's activities at all times and be constantly aware of where they are keeping them in line of sight.
- Follow lesson plans and daily schedule in the teacher's absence.
- Ensure the children's daily care by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all company standards.
- Create and maintain an environment that is clean and organized.
- Supervise children to ensure their safety and well being at all times by checking for safety hazards, using universal precautions, sanitizing classroom (toys, chairs, tables, etc.) and practicing proper handwashing procedures.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Keep Director informed of all incidents, accidents or concerns regarding a child or center policy and assist with special projects.
- Serve as a customer service role model to ensure a positive relationship with parents, children and co-workers by: Acknowledging with a warm welcome, ensuring the cleanliness of the children, communicating in a courteous and respectful manner, communicating daily with parents on child's progress and taking the time to listen to parent or children's concerns.
- Perform other duties that may be necessary to maintain the success of Little Cruisers.
- Must be able to be at work on a consistent basis with regular attendance and punctuality and be willing and able to handle all the duties and responsibilities of this position on a daily basis.
We offer our employees medical, dental, vision coverage, life insurance and more!
Little Cruisers is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/AA M/F D/V0