Assists the teacher in the facilitation of daily activities and curriculum activities. Collaborates as a member of the team and contributes to creating a safe, positive, nurturing and engaging environment.
- Greets children and parents or guardians in an enthusiastic manner.
- Participates in preparing for and cleaning up from classroom activities and projects.
- Helps maintain a clean environment.
- Interacts with children during indoor/outdoor activities and assists the group leader/teacher in maintaining an appropriate climate in the classroom.
- Assists in the development and implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum for individual children and overall group.
- Supervises children and encourages positive behaviors and actions.
- Attends to the individual needs of children in classroom environment, including hygiene and personal care activities, as needed.
- Maintains positive, professional relationships with parents/guardians, children and fellow staff.
- Participates in required training programs, conferences, courses or other aspects of professional growth.
- Serves as a mandated reporter and reports any suspicion of child abuse or neglect to the Directors for follow through.