REPORTS TO: Maintenance & Site Construction Manager and School Headmaster
SUMMARY: Provide safe transportation to and from schools for children
- Obey all traffic laws, Arizona Department of Transportation rules, and Riverside School District Policies and Procedures and observe all mandatory safety regulations for school buses and Head Start performance standards for transportation.
- Transport only authorized students on assigned routes, to and from school, and/or on field trips, or to and from special events and follow Arizona Department of Childcare Licensing transportation requirements.
- Comply with mandatory safety regulations by inspecting the bus before each operation for mechanical defects and notifying the proper authority of any mechanical failure. Note all discrepancies and/or malfunctions using the Vehicle Check List and Maintenance Log at the conclusion of each day.
- Ensure bus cleanliness both inside and outside by following Riverside School District procedures. Check the bus after each run for lost items and/or damage.
- Maintain discipline and supervision while transporting only authorized students, report undisciplined students to the proper authority, and discharge students only at authorized stops.
- Inform students about safety requirements.
- Report verbally all accidents immediately and follow-up with a written report within 24 hours.
- Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
- Perform any and all job-related duties assigned by the School Principal or Transportation Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- Motor Vehicle Division Driving Record in good standing for the last 39 months retroactive from the date of hire with the District
- Valid Arizona Driverâ€™s License
- Arizona School Bus Driver Certificate with CDL Class B, including passenger and student endorsements
- First Aid and CPR certifications
- A valid Fingerprint Clearance Card
- One-year experience in school bus transportation of students
- Strong collaborative interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of English required to read and interpret schedules, memos, instructions on tools and equipment and to communicate with co-workers.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and the ability to maintain a safe working environment.
- Ability to be available for extra duty assignments such as field and activity trips as required.
- Ability to make decisions in a variety of situations regarding priorities and effectively handling emergencies.
- Familiarity and compliance with safety procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and administrators.
- Ability to bend, climb, stoop, kneel, lift 60 pounds, and reach to load and unload disabled students and/or move students for safety or in emergency situations.
- Physical examination required.
- Command of the English language to provide answers to routine inquiries, to explain bus and safety procedures, and to communicate with others in obtaining information.
- Ability to work in conditions that include an environment that has seasonal extreme temperatures, bus fumes and odors, and bus noise and vibration.
- The work environment is the normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud but is usually moderate. The work environment includes exposure to dirt and dust and noise and vibration from maintenance equipment. The working environment is primarily operating a school bus in all weather extremes. The conditions include seasonal extreme temperatures, bus fumes, and odors and bus noise, and vibration.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- 10-month year, At-Will, Salary; benefits in accordance with Board policies.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
MIT believes that every individual makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution is not limited to assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the person assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees who hold this position. It is our expectation that every employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the Districtâ€™s goals.
Powered by JazzHR