The University of North Georgia is currently searching for part-time faculty members to teach clinical courses related to nursing.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
The Part-Time Clinical Faculty in Nursing will:
- Responsibilities include clinical supervision and evaluation of nursing students in fundamentals, adult health, pediatric and obstetric health, mental health, and community health settings. The clinical agencies are located in the metro Atlanta and surrounding counties area. This position is renewable. Part-time clinical faculty members are used as needed on a semester by semester basis.
- Responsibilities also include teaching undergraduate nursing students in the clinical setting/hospital or agency. Faculty will be required to attend meetings as warranted, attend hospital-based orientations, if applicable and grade associated clinical papers.
- Responsibilities also include teaching graduate nursing students in the clinical setting or agency. Faculty will be required to attend meetings as warranted and grade associated clinical assignments and complete student evaluations.
- BS in Nursing, M.S. preferred, Licensed in the State of Georgia.
- Two (2) years of experience in your area of expertise.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.