Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Community Coordinator (Part-time)
Compensation: $12 per hour
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patient’s communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. At 40 locations, and with an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
Community Coordinators are an integral part of our outreach team. High levels of energy, flexibility, creativity, the ability to work well with a team, and problem-solving are required to be successful. You will be expected to design and execute community events in our clinics, for both current and prospective patients. Creating a positive environment for events at which the clinic’s outreach team can succeed is a key component of the Community Coordinator’s role.
A Community Coordinator plays an especially important part in expanding our reputation in the community, introducing new seniors to Oak Street, and making them excited to become patients. The Community Coordinator works closely with the Marketing and Outreach and works in the community room at his or her clinic location.
This position has opportunities for advancement to leadership positions on the outreach team.
- Maintaining a clean and community center
- Creating engaging programming, teaching classes, assisting older adults with computer classes
- Stocking and ordering all necessary supplies for events and pantry
- Building relationships with current patients as well as encourage prospective seniors to become patients
- Helping the team reach monthly new patient goals
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for motivated, experienced professionals with:
- Strong telephone skills in reaching and persuading patients and prospective patients to come into the center
- An orientation toward service- serving beverages and snacks and providing assistance with visitors to our community center with a great attitude
- A flexible and positive attitude
- Familiarity with Chicago’s community of older adults; comfort in interacting with and engaging the older adult population
- Community health experience preferred
- Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve (where necessary)
- Proficient PC skills
- Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent experience
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- Competitive benefits; including paid vacation/sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.