POSITION SUMMARY: The Household Coordinator will be responsible for daily housekeeping, maintenance of the fire and safety documentation, building and vehicle maintenance and safety, and ordering supplies for community based homes. Responsible for providing supervision and programmatic decision making. To act as an advocate and represent resident's needs and rights with outside social service agencies, families, etc. Responsible to assist Program Specialists with supporting behavioral health consumers in all activities of daily living. Responsible for assisting with medications prescribed by physician. Responsible for following all doctor's orders regarding wound care, speech, physical therapy, occupational therapy or any other prescribed directive.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensure a safe and clean living environment for residents through daily housekeeping
* Conduct fire drills and building inspections and provide the appropriate documentation for the same
* Review the household and vehicles for proper upkeep and complete, appropriate documentation
* Order supplies for the home as needed and anticipate in advance what will be needed
* Exercises sound judgement and good decision making appropriate to assignment
* Will provide all appropriate documentation set forth by Director including monthly summaries, medication administration recording, building, fire, and vehicle maintenance
* Will advocate for residents with outside agencies when needed, including, but not limited to Social Security, Department of Human Services, County Offices of Behavioral Health, and County Base Service Units
* Will interface with families of residents and other interested parties to support the residents' needs and rights
* Plan and implement community integration plan for residents
* Administer medications to residents as directed by physician following successful completion of DHS approved Medication Administration Training and Certification
* Maintain communication with medical physician, psychiatrist, and pharmacist to best support each resident
* Maintain communication with appropriate ancillary service providers such as speech, physical and occupational therapists
* Assist Program Specialists with training consumers in all aspects of self-care in order to ensure the maximum level of independence for that individual. There areas include all aspects of personal hygiene, cooking, meal serving, laundry, and housekeeping.
* Assist Program Specialists with intervention in crisis situations
* Provide routine health care functions as directed such as obtaining and recording vital signs, weights, and glucometer readings
* Escort residents to and from appointments, as needed
* Attend scheduled staff team meetings
* Attend appropriate in-services as directed by supervisor
* Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team
* Observe and make written entries in the log book as directed
* Report all problems or concerns to supervisor or director
* Will remain on duty until relieved
* Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), crisis intervention and medication administration using agency-trained protocols
* Perform other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Supervisors
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Elwyn personnel, Elwyn clientele, funding and regulatory agency personnel, families, outside health care providers, BSU personnel, social security personnel, DHS personnel and other outside behavioral health providers.
* Associates preferred; High School diploma required.
* Must maintain DHS approved Medication Administration Training Certification (provided by Elwyn).
* One year experience in the behavioral health or forensic field preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
* Must be able to perform CPR and crisis intervention techniques using agency-trained protocols
* Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated basic experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, 3 years driving experience, and acceptable driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law. #mon
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled