BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Slices, packages, weighs, and sells various deli products, including meats and cheeses. Maintains the presentation and cleanliness of the deli, including deli display cases. Provides assistance to Members in the deli department.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides a high level of customer service to Members. Answers questions and recommends deli items. Answers Member calls and takes special orders.
- Slices, packages, and weighs deli products, including cheeses and meats. Helps Members select the correct products. Samples product to assist in purchasing decisions. Prepares and packages special orders and party trays.
- Receives and inspects deli shipments. Displays, stocks, rotate, and stores deli products following food safety, food freshness, and product handling policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all products are fresh and meet company quality standards. Checks for out-of-date products daily and follows appropriate product salvage policies and procedures.
- Ensures deli cooler shelves and deli display cases have a wide variety of product. Stocks and rotates deli items when necessary.
- Operates and handles deli equipment in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes deli equipment and food surfaces throughout the department, including rotisserie ovens, cooking utensils, refrigerated cases, and the deli cooler.
- Ensures scale systems are in working order. Makes sure items are weighed and priced accurately.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including assisting in other departments as needed.
- Work experience in a deli department preferred.
- Prior experience operating manual/power slicers and scales preferred.
- Knowledge of deli products preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or coolers. There may be frequent exposure to cleaning agents.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.