Campus Police Dispatcher,
12 Hour Weekend Shifts: Minimum 24 hours per week
Fort Worth, TX
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Standard of Christian Commitment
The divine mission of the Seminary mandates that all personnel must demonstrate a commitment to the purposes of the Seminary. Every employee shall be an active member of a local church of believers in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. It is expected that conduct becoming a follower of Jesus Christ will be portrayed in the community.
1. Understand seminary policies and procedures related to duties, as well as local, state, and Federal laws.
2. Be familiar with police manuals, dispatch manuals, and training policies.
3. Must be able to demonstrate the physical ability to perform duties as defined by policies and procedures.
4. Provide radio dispatching and telephone operator services.
5. Understand the responsibility to monitor campus mechanical systems via the energy management system, locate the proper response in the dispatch operator�s manual, and take the required actions.
6. Maintain proper logs, reporting unusual incidents, accidents occurring on seminary property, medical problems, and any other incidents involving campus police.
7. Be a first response to some maintenance calls, understanding the responsibility to investigate after hour maintenance calls while determining if an emergency exists that requires onsite maintenance personnel and refers to dispatch manual for direction regarding these calls.
8. Directs and/or monitors parking on campus for special events as well as general parking as assigned.
9. Monitoring the various cameras that are set up around campus.
10. Must be able to multi-task well, and remain calm under pressure.
1. Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively under all conditions while maintaining a professional presence and be able to communicate effectively with others in order to carry out job requirements.
2. Must display a great deal of common sense, and be a problem solver.
3. Must be able to work 3 days a week.
1. Must be able to successfully physically perform all duties related to the job description of a dispatcher.
2. Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
3. Must be able to lift 15-45lbs.
Familiarity with basic computer operations including Microsoft Office applications, security cameras, etc.