This position is responsible for the safe moving, staging and parking of vehicles on Auction property, driving vehicles to and from Auction lots and customer businesses, and driving vehicles through Auction sale lanes on designated sale days and in compliance with Auction safety rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive vehicles on auction property in accordance with auction safety protocols..
- Drive vehicles to and from designated areas on Auction premises and to and from customer dealerships and businesses, while observing Auction driving rules, rules of the road and demonstrating courtesy and defensive driving principles.
- Utilize Transportation Management System to perform work tasks and inventory functions.
- Line up and park vehicles as directed by supervisor or team leader, move vehicles as necessary, and locate "lost" vehicles.
- Assist with getting vehicles operating as needed. If necessary, inflate tires and jump start vehicles using a battery box and air tank. Notify supervisor when a vehicle is inoperative; notify Service or Gas Truck Driver when vehicle is out of gas.
- Assist customers (i.e., dealers, account representatives, rental agencies, etc.) and coworkers as needed.
- When necessary be responsible for care and use of a transport plate and transponder.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous auction experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Constantly required to enter and exit vehicles.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to walk long distances.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando-9800 Bachman Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing