Responsible for receiving incoming calls via the answering service from physician’s offices, clients, or client family members to obtain information and determine appropriate intervention. Great part-time opportunity for RNs living in the Syracuse, Fairmount, Elbridge, Jamesville, Fayetteville, Baldwinsville, Brewerton or Central Square areas!
Performance Responsibilities and Standards:
- Receive incoming calls from physician offices including verbal orders, document calls and write interim orders as necessary.
- Receive incoming calls from clients or client’s families to obtain information and determine the appropriate intervention. Perform home visits that are determined necessary to prevent further complications and hospitalization. Evening home visits to any of our covered service areas may be required (Onondaga, Oswego, Cayuga, Oneida and Jefferson Counties).
- Document all calls and actions taken into the patient’s electronic medical record
- Consult with administrator on-call for issues or requested services outside scope of practice or requiring assistance in performing
- Comply with Nascentia Health policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of infection control practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal, state and local government rules and regulations.
- Adhere to quality assurance standards.
- Keep personnel requirements up-to-date, i.e., health, licensure and other Nascentia Health requirements.
- Email daily report to appropriate distribution list to summarize calls that were addressed between the hours of 4:30PM -8:00AM by 8:30 AM the following day.
- Report to case managers any calls that came in during the evening or that require follow up the next day via voice mail
- Communicate with Administrator on-call regularly during evening. (prior to start of evening on-call to receive report of any expected issues, at a determined time late in the evening and at the end of the shift to report any issues that need follow-up).
- As part of agency Emergency Disaster Plan on-call staff may be required to remain on-call past usual end time or start on-call earlier than scheduled in situations where agency cannot receive calls.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Current New York State registered professional nursing license.
- At least one year of experience with on-call for a home health care agency.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Self-directed and organized with ability to work independently.
- Good communication skills and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to work under pressure.
- Speaking/visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend and express written/verbal communication.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity including:
- Pushing/pulling - Typical weight 50 pounds / Maximum weight 150 pounds
- Lifting/ carrying - Typical weight 25 pounds / Maximum weight 40 pounds
- Patient transfers, extensive bending, standing, kneeling, walking in various weather conditions e.g. snow, rain, sleet, and going up and down stairs.
- Ability to drive in all weather conditions.
- Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Category I - Employee has tasks that routinely involve exposure or potential exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive Salary with:
- 401K with generous Employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Holidays and Sick Leave
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Partially funded HSA
- Short/Long term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program ( EAP)
- Much More!!
About Nascentia Health
Nascentia Health is leading the way in home care, post acute care and long-term community health. A healthcare system without walls, Nascentia is an innovator in the concept of healthcare, truly focused on the patient as a whole. By serving people in their homes, Nascentia Health is able to provide true holistic care. We can address immediate needs, help support positive long term medical and lifestyle choices that provide for better outcomes, leverage cutting edge in-home care technologies, and help avoid unnecessary visits to busy healthcare facilities.
Our employees are our greatest asset. They work hard every day to make our system amazing and are dedicated to our mission of being the premier home and community-based care system for the regions we serve. We want everyone to love what they do, be excited about coming to work, and take pride in being part of our team.
Nascentia Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Employment is contingent on negative results of a new hire drug screen.