- Position Type:
Business Office/Executive Assistant to Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- Date Posted:
Central Office - Eugene Field School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Part-time Executive Assistant to the Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- Five years of secretarial experience in education or other experience in field of assignment including two years’ experience in all aspects of office management at an executive level.
- Diligence with figures; meticulous attention to detail; and ability to independently compose correspondence and reports for Supervisor's signature or action.
- Extensive knowledge of the operation, function and general scope of authority of the school administration and Board of Education.
Functions of the Position
- Responsible for the coordination and submittal of board motions; prepare monthly board agenda and board minutes.
- Compile and maintain the archival of all permanent Board records.
- Supervise the preparation and distribution of all free/reduced lunch applications and accompanying letters to parents; approve applications as received and set up and supervise the maintenance of appropriate files and records.
- In collaboration with the School Business Administrator / Board Secretary, prepare and distribute Board Committee agenda and accompanying documentation, including budget, policies, scattergrams, etc.
- Responsible for the coordination of all arrangements for board meetings, ensuring room setup, obtaining food/refreshments, etc.
- Prepare board policies and submit to Teaneck Website Administrator
- Coordinate the use of the buildings in the district by outside organizations including classifying organizations, assessing rental fees and custodial charges and reviewing Certificates of Insurance and Hold Harmless Statements for compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of bid specifications for the procurement of copier equipment and food service management services for the district.
- Assist in the preparation of all documentation required by the County Officer pertaining to the results of annual school and special elections.
- Perform, as assigned by the School Business Administrator or his/her designee, additional or alternate duties that may add to the effectiveness of the education program of the Teaneck Public Schools.
Terms of Employment: Part-time
NJ First Act effective 9/1/2011
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerApplication Procedure: