ResponsibilitiesAct as a first responder for Cast Member Emergencies in the Parks as needed.
- Triage, assess, and treat occupational injuries and illness with basic first aid and basic life support interventions.
- Conduct AHA CPR/AED Heartsaver Classes for Resort Cast Members
- Conduct monthly checks of AEDs and AED cabinets throughout the Resort
Basic QualificationsCalifornia Emergency Medical Technician Certification
- 3-5 years of Emergency Medical Technician experience in a hospital setting ER, Trauma Unit, or ICU/CCU
- Current BLS Certification
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Physical Requirements: Lift 25-50#, Push/Pull 30-70#, be able to perform CPR, and transport Cast Members via wheelchair as far as a ½ mile.
Preferred QualificationsGood Computer skills
- Ability to multi-task in a competent, efficient manner with solution-oriented work habits
- Strong documentation skills
Additional Information:Keyword: dlrcasting
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.