Responsible for safety of patrons in the pool(s) and the surrounding environments. Acts as first responder in emergency situations, expected to perform rescues, apply necessary first aid. Provide excellent customer service to all members, participants, and guests. Follow and enforce all City policies and procedures. Assist with daily pool operations. Mentor and supervise Lifeguard(s) and assist with in-service trainings.
Provides leadership to Lifeguard(s) while performing all the duties of the Lifeguard and Head Lifeguard. Works with the Aquatic Coordinator- Operations and the Assistant Aquatic Coordinator- Operations to maintain and have accessible all necessary rescue equipment and implements preventive lifeguarding measures. Observes Lifeguard(s), makes positive correction and reinforcement as needed. Uses sound judgment in use of facility during bad weather. Professional behavior is expected at all times.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Enforce all polices, rules and regulations of the Aquatic Center to ensure safe participation of patrons using the facilities. Provide excellent service, handles questions, and concerns.
2. Provides leadership, mentors, supervises, assigns tasks, observes and makes corrections with Lifeguard(s). Assigns tasks as needed.
3. Performs routine safety inspections, tests and logs water chemistry, performs daily maintenance duties inclusive of cleaning pools, decks, and locker rooms.
4. Assist with evaluating Lifeguard response and rescue skills, participates in the auditing process by reviewing competency and completion of forms, and facilitates daily skill checks.
5. Act as First Responder in an emergency situation, expected to perform rescues and apply necessary first aid.
6. Assist with planning and participate in all in-service training sessions.
7. Complete and submit all required records and reports with accuracy and timeliness.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Current in all required certifications. Able to walk, stand, kneel, climb, sit and swim for long periods of time. Able to lift 75 lbs. Demonstrates leadership and has good communication and public relation skills. Able to use a pool chemical test kit and is able to perform general facility maintenance.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, & EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum age-18.
2. One-year experience as a Lifeguard, two-years preferred.
3. Pursuing high school diploma or equivalent.
4. Current American Red Cross Certifications – Lifeguarding, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid and Safety, Automatic External Defibulator, Oxygen Administration, and Blood-borne Pathogen Training for the Professional Rescuer.
5. Valid Texas class "C" driver's license.
6. Pass the Aquatic Center in-water performance test.