- Certificate, license, or other legal credential required
- Experience Preferred
- Knowledge of STEM and Makerspace
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
- To provide all students with as enriched library environment containing a wide variety and range of materials that will invite intellectual growth, and to aid all students in acquiring the skills needed to take full advantage of media center resources.
- Operate and supervises the media center to which assigned.
- Evaluates, selects, and requisitions new media center materials.
- Assist teachers in the selection of books and other instructional materials, and makes media center materials available to supplement the instructional program.
- Informs teachers and other staff members concerning new materials the media center acquires.
- Maintains a comprehensive and efficient system for cataloging all media center materials, and instructs teachers and students on use of the system.
- Arranges for inter-library loan of materials of interest or use to teachers.
- Works with teachers in planning those assignments likely to lead to extended use of media center resources.
- Promotes appropriate conduct of students using media center facilities.
- Helps students to develop habits of independent reference work and to develop skills in the use of reference materials in relation to planned assignments.
- Presents and discusses materials with a class studying a particular topic, on the invitation of the teacher.
- Participates at curriculum meetings.
- Counsels with and gives reading guidance to students who have special reading problems or unusual intellectual interests.
- Arranges frequently changing book related displays and exhibits likely to interest the media center's patrons.
- Prepares and administers the media center budget.
- Supervises media center aides in the performance of their duties.
- Weeds obsolete and worn materials from the collections.
- Supervises the clerical routines necessary for the smooth operation of the media center.