Part Time Lifeguard Monday-Friday 6:00AM-1:00PM
Starting Pay is $9.00 per hour
Responsible for ensuring patron safety while enforcing pool rules and regulations; performs water rescues and administers basic first aid as needed; carries out emergency operating procedures and notifies proper authorities; and assists in general maintenance and cleaning of pool area and equipment.
Essential Job Functions
- GOOD GUEST RELATIONS
- Ensuring patron safety by strictly enforcing all pool rules and regulations and applying disciplinary action for violations.
- Effectively maintains 10/20 rule.
- Have thorough knowledge of skills to rescue guest and administer appropriate techniques to assist guest in need of care as situation deems necessary.
- Carries out emergency operation procedures and notifies proper authorities.
- Assists in maintaining facilities; cleans pool, decks, restrooms, gutters, skimmers, vacuuming, backwashing etc.; and informs Aquatics Coordinator of needed materials and equipment to be replenished.
- Reports to the Head Lifeguard/Aquatics Coordinator those guests who continue to break policies and cause disciplinary and safety problems.
- Wears the proper uniform at all times.
- Works all shifts and programs assigned.
- Attends all in-service training sessions, staff meetings, and swim one mile per week.
Qualifications: No work or lifeguard experience necessary. Swimming back ground a plus. Must be able to verbally communicate with both public and staff effectively.
Certifications: American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR/AED for Lifeguards, First Aid. If not certified training is available.
SEASONAL position but can carry over into the Summer.
Minimum Age: 16 years old.