PART-TIME, MANDATORY LIVE ON-SITE, ASSISTANT MANAGER IN SAN BRUNO
1 YEAR OF ON-SITE APARTMENT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
MUST HAVE GOOD CREDIT AND CLEAN BACKGROUND
UP TO 13 WORK HOURS PER WEEK AS FOLLOWS:
TUESDAYS, WEDNESDAYS, THURSDAYS 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
& SATURDAYS 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
You will be given a 1-bedroom, 1-bathroom apartment. You will be required to assist in the management of our apartment community, Skycrest Apartments in San Bruno - You will assist the manager with marketing, showing units, rent collections, administrative record keeping, common area upkeep, oversee apartment maintenance requests and emergency procedures. You will be paid minimum wage after 10.17 hours per week.
RESPONSIBILITIES ARE AS FOLLOWS
· Marketing to prospective tenants, answer telephone inquiries, know apartment sizes and design layout, provide brochures and rental information. Bring all completed application to the corporate office for processing or on-site processing as directed by Supervisor. Conduct move-in and move-out with residents in addition to any other required inspections as directed by Supervisor. Provide apartment and mailbox keys to new resident after collecting rent and security deposit. Submit marketing survey for your property to corporate office as directed by Supervisor. Update directories and mailbox labels
· Collect and receipt rents, post and turn into corporate office with required deposit slip. Close and balance rent journal sheets daily and submit with deposit. Serve required notices to past due residents. Update rent roll monthly and submit to corporate office on the 25th of each month. Submit delinquency reports as directed.
Administrative and record keeping
· Enforce house rules, post receipts using safeguard system, balance and submit receipt journals to accounting, prepare tenant updates and submit to administrative assistant, update and enforce parking plan, keep records regarding rental activity and maintenance.
· Do pre-move out inspection with resident at time of notice or provide to maintenance for inspection, take pictures of any trashed apartments, inspect apartment with resident at time of move-out, collect any outstanding monies, collect any keys or remotes provided, submit all resident paperwork to the corporate office within 3 days of move out, call maintenance department and advise them of the move-out and general concerns with the move-out. Advise the corporate office at the time of your 30-day notices and if the notice was given over the weekend the information can be given at your weekly Monday AM call in. Once maintenance department releases the apartment to the manager arrange cleaning of unit and carpet if required. Keep vacant units clean and sanitized during marketing effects.
Common Area Maintenance
· Control resident parking areas and carports, arrange for repairs to be performed by others, notice to the maintenance staff or property manager with any safety concerns. Pick up trash on property grounds, ensure that landscapers have been to property and performed well, check on trash levels and rotate can as required. Ensure that residents are recycling to proper trash bins.
· Record tenant’s complaints and submit as directed to have repairs taken care of, let residents into locked out units, charge for lock out fee, fill out incident reports and note residents file with any complaints and provide copy to property manager.
Emergencies and on-call
· Take emergency calls and notice proper parties, confirm any telephone number changes with the corporate office, ensure that you have on-call schedule for current day/month, arrange with office for proper coverage for time off and away from property.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.