• Manages, trains, transports and supervises the activities functions of all clients in addition to maintaining the home in a safe, clean and healthy manner
• Administers mediations
• Assists individuals in the independent management of his/her affairs, which may include (but not limited to) personal hygiene, meal preparation, clothing maintenance, personal health maintenance, moneyresponsibility which provides/assists the client to live in a humane, caring environment.
• management, household maintenance, employment habits, recreational activities and/or other duty or
• Implements and documents all documentation assigned and required, including (but not limited to) skill
• development, behavior management, emergencies, habilitation plan, maintenance, etc.
• Serves as a member of the team by adhering to all current policies and procedures of the facility, as well as, participating and promoting a home-like environment for the clients.
• Graduate of an approved course in practical nursing
• Current New Jersey License required by Statues and must be submitted to Human Resource Department
• each year
• Must be at least 18 years of age
One year's experience with the developmentally disabled or related field
Neat appearance, nominal physical demands, no lifting restrictions,
and, successful completion of Crisis Management Training
Must be available to assist in behavioral/health/operational emergencies
Must hold a valid driver's license
Must successfully complete and obtain/maintain all certifications as mandated by Elwyn NJ
Must be available to attend at last eight (8) staff meetings per year
Must cooperate with Elwyn NJ. The State of NJ Department of Human Services, and, any authorized
investigating body during inspections or investigations
Ability to work in a variety of environments and settings, flexible hours
Must be available to remain on duty to ensure client care until relieved by replacement staff
Occasional exposure to minor hazards.
Elwyn New Jersey reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Elwyn New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law.
#CA #MON #ZR
Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, Bancroft, Devereux, KenCrest, Arc of Camden County, Are of Salem County, JEVS Human Services, Melmark, Oaks Integrated Care
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled