Georgia Military College-AugustaCampus is seeking qualified candidates to act as part-time professional tutors in college algebra, calculus, and statistics. Candidates must have demonstrated competency in the subject area in which they will tutor.Tutoring is typically scheduled Monday-Thursday evenings for a total of 15 hours a week.
*Criminal background check and drug screen must be cleared before any candidate may begin working.
Georgia Military College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Must possess at least a bachelor’s degree. Please upload unofficial transcripts.
Transcriptscan be directly uploaded when/after you submit your application
- Commit to two full quarters of tutoring.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be organized and punctual.
- Must be able to maintain an electronic timesheet.
- Completed sophomore-level college coursework in the subject area.
- Meet with students on a one-to-one, small-group, or classroom tutoring format(s) to give learning assistance.
- Check GMC e-mail daily to receive work notifications.
- Provide the Library Associate with a quarterly schedule of when you are available for work. Inform the Librarian at least 24 hours in advance if you are not able to keep your schedule or need to change your quarter schedule.
- Take daily attendance of students for all tutoring sessions in the online tutoring system.
- Attend mandatory tutor-training sessions as required by the Library Associate.
- Experience tutoring college students and/or adult learners
- Provide two letters of reference from faculty in the respective discipline related to tutor subject area
References can be directly uploaded when/after you submit your application or emailed directly to GMC HR Recruiter, Jessica Murray: email@example.com