COME PRACTICE WITH US!
Part-Time Medical Director
Brand New Facility-Clarksville Comprehensive Treatment Center (Opening April 2020) in Clarksville, TN
- Age Group/Range: Adults
- Practice Setting/Type: Outpatient
- One day per week - 6-8 hours/week - additional days/hours to be determined by patient volume growth
Addiction Medicine patients require care from specialty-trained professionals, in a highly-specialized, and quality-focused environment. Our team at Clarksville CTC in Tennessee is seeking to add a like-minded licensed physician to their diverse and dynamic team.
The Medical Director is responsible for leadership, quality assurance, oversight and overall medical management of the clinic within the boundaries of state and federal regulations and accreditation standards. Responsibilities include planning, organizing medical and clinical practices; providing direct patient care and assisting other departments with direct interactions with physicians or medical staff.
- Oversees and is responsible for the quality, efficiency and management of delivering medical services within the clinic;
- Defines protocols and assists in decision making pertaining to the medical care of patients that is consistent with current medical practice and CTC policies and procedures;
- Provides oversight to other professional medical staff, as well as administrative or support staff, as designated;
- Serves as a liaison between the medical staff, other clinic staff, division or corporate staff, and organizational leadership;
- Monitors assigned staff to adherence to established medical and clinic policy;
- Provides back up call coverage;
- Serves in a teaching capacity for the training and development of other personnel;
- Responsible for securing physical exam and history from the patient, reviewing medical records, making medical evaluations, request appropriate diagnostic testing, prescribes medications and treatments, assists in the management of behavioral or mental health problems of patients, maintains current medical records in accordance with federal or state regulation, and clinic or corporate policies and procedures; and,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Per Tennessee regulations:(a) All medical directors shall be licensed to practice medicine orosteopathy in Tennessee, shall maintain their licenses in good standing and shall have the following experience and/or credentials:
1. Three years of documented experience in the provision of services to persons who are addicted to alcohol or other drugs, including at least one year of experience in the treatment of opioid addiction; or
2. Board eligibility in psychiatry and two years of documented experience in the treatment of persons who are addicted to alcohol or other drugs; or
3. Certification as an addiction medicine specialist by the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) or Board certification as an addiction medicine specialist.