Love What You Do.
We are excited to announce the opening of an Outlet inside our Oak Brook showroom in March 2020! We are looking for new staff members to join us now as we prepare for the opening!
In this newly created role as a part-time, 3-day/weekend Product Handler & Customer Service Associate in our Outlet, you will play an essential role in creating an exceptional experience for our customers by preparing product for placement in our outlet, helping customers load products into their vehicles, maintaining the appearance of our outlet showroom to help our customers feel at home with us, as well as assisting with the movement of outgoing product. You will also help customers with their purchases by providing product information and working diligently to find the best options for them.
Additionally, you will
- Bring a strong sense of camaraderie in working together and representing our brand.
- Ensure the safe, accurate and efficient handling of our furniture products.
- Have a direct impact on the customer experience through your involvement in our inventory integrity and product quality processes.
You’ll work 24-hours per week working either a Friday, Saturday and Sunday schedule or a Saturday, Sunday and Monday schedule with one weekend off per month in either schedule. The week in which you have the weekend off, you will work equal days during the week (days will vary, so flexibility with your schedule will be necessary).
Location: 2525 West 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523
You bring the following qualities to be successful:
- You are self-driven and pay close attention to details. You are self-motivated and take pride in your work. You appreciate high standards and you’re sensitive to the fact that our products are made of natural materials, requiring extra care in handling.
- You’re athletic – including core strength, agility and stamina. The physical nature of this role appeals to you because you prefer to be moving all day and enjoy the freedom of working outside the confines of an office.
- You bring a great sense of camaraderie. You value a professional work place where you work in collaboration with your peers and the broader team. You also appreciate engaging with customers to complete their shopping experience with a desire elevate the customer experience.
- You understand the importance of safe working habits and that this is a physically-demanding role requiring you to repeatedly lift 75-100 pounds independently throughout the day.
- You'll need to pass a criminal background check and a physical abilities test.
What you’ll find:
- A guaranteed part-time salary of $20,000+
- A welcoming environment that starts with building teams of high-caliber individuals who are passionate about home and design, and focused on serving our customers.
- A comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, paid vacation and a matching 401(k).
- Generous employee discount on our products
- Free on-site parking
To learn more about working at Room & Board, visit www.roomandboard.com/careers.
- Vacation/paid time off
- Long Term Disability
- Gym Memberships
- Merchandise Discounts
- Donation-Matching Program
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Retirement / Pension Plans