Charlotte’s Best Nanny Agency is assisting a family in the Myers Park area of Charlotte, NC in finding a Part-Time Nanny for their two children, a 21 month old son and a daughter on the way, due to be born in February. The Nanny would be needed ideally Monday - Thursday from 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm and Fridays from 9:30 am - 4:30 pm (25 hours per week, but can be up to 29 hours some weeks if Nanny has flexibility to be able to do occasional evening/weekends). These times are flexible and have the potential to flex in the summer. No matter what hours are needed the nanny will always be paid a minimum of 25 hours per week. For the first 3 months or so, care will primarily be for their toddler son as mom will be home with the newborn.
The best nanny for this family would be responsible, experienced, warm, patient and kind. Currently, their son attends half-day preschool Monday through Thursday. After school and nap or on Fridays, he likes to play outside, go to Music Together class, visit one of the Discovery Place museums (Nature, Science or Children’s) or visit ImaginOn. Their son is also good at playing in his playroom - he loves “cooking” in his play kitchen, reading books, and playing with his Little People toys. Their baby will need to be cared for and engaged with through play, swinging, reading, tummy time, and other age appropriate activities as she grows older. The family is looking for a nanny who will be able to meet and exceed the needs of their children daily, engage with them, and foster a fun learning environment.
Nanny Responsibilities Include:
- Meeting daily scheduling needs of the children
- Pick son up from preschool as needed
- Bathing the children as needed
- Changing diapers and helping with potty training
- Engaging with the children on an age appropriate level
- Playing with the children both inside and outside the home
- Taking the children on pre-approved age appropriate outings and adventures around town (Story Time, Park, Library, Music Time, and more)
- Planning and scheduling play dates as requested and approved by parents
Household Duties Include:
- The children’s laundry
- Prepping the children’s food and feeding the children
- Washing or putting away dishes, etc.
- Picking up toys
- Sanitizing bottles, toys, and surfaces
- Stock diapers and other items
- Emptying diaper pail as needed
- Other light clean-up or tidying as required
Pet Care Responsibilities:
The family has two cats, so nanny should not be allergic to cats.
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Have a professional resume
- Fill out a complete online application
- Pass a pre-screening interview with Charlotte’s Best Nanny Agency
- Pass a national background check, including driving record check
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have safe and reliable transportation
- Have a minimum of three professional references
- CPR and First Aid Certified
- English proficiency, any additional languages spoken are a bonus
Start Date, Salary, and Benefits:
- This position starts ideally March 1st
- Pay is negotiable and competitive depending on experience
- Continued pay while the family is away
- This family has a home in Minneapolis and visits on a regular basis. Durning these times the nanny would be asked to check on their Charlotte home and cats while they are away. The nanny would be paid their guaranteed 25 hours a week pay during these times.
- One week paid time off
- Paid major holidays
- Paid mileage for driving on the job (Not to and from work)