NJ licensed Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or PA sought by established multi-disciplinary medical practice. Candidate will work alongside established Pediatrician with over 25 years in practice. Ours is a dynamic practice that values the delivery of competent, high-quality, and compassionate care to a diverse patient population.
-Patient care for both acute and chronic illness.
- Obtain and document patient history as appropriate to chief complaint or reason for visit.
-Screening well child visits, which include assessment of developmental growth and progress.
-Provide preventative health services, including health education and counseling.
- Order appropriate laboratory, radiological, diagnostic/imaging studies, and special examinations or tests as appropriate with ability to interpret results.
- Collaborate with other clinicians and staff members to ensure continuity of care of patients.
-Prescriptive abilities per NJ state and federal regulations, with no expectation to prescribe controlled substances.
-Management of routine mental health issues such as ADHD, anxiety, and depression.
-Promptly completing patient notes within an EMR system.
- Professional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of insurance quality metrics and ability to incorporate metrics into practice. Close patient gaps in care, e.g. HEDIS, hospital follow-up care, patient goal setting.
-Participate in quality initiatives under the direction of the Medical Director and management team.
- Ability to work well with and meet the needs of a diverse patient population.
Graduate of an accredited Pediatric Nurse Practitioner program with a current PNP certification or graduate of accredited PA program with appropriate certifications/licensures. Minimum of 3 years experience, capable of providing care without physician supervision. Must possess current, unrestricted New Jersey State license, NJ CDS, and DEA licensure. Must possess active Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll. Basic Life Support (BLS) required. Must possess strong communication skills both oral and written. Must be comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and electronic charting.
Commensurate with experience.
This is a part-time position with a M/W/F schedule. There are no weekends or major holidays required. No on-call time.
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner