Post Press Assistant
Red Oak Express
Red Oak, Iowa
The Red Oak Express, a weekly newspaper in Red Oak, Iowa, is seeking a part-time post press assistant. This position is responsible assisting in the preparation of the Red Oak Express, Red Oak Extender, and other publications produced in the Red Oak printing plant for mailing.
The Red Oak Express is the paid weekly community newspaper of record serving the Montgomery County market. It is distributed by mail subscription and through single-copy outlets, and together with the Red Oak Express Extender shopper, is distributed to more than 8,000 households in Montgomery County and surrounding areas. In addition to the weekly print edition, the newspaper also maintains an interactive web page at www.redoakexpress.com.
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Dependable, honest, and trustworthy
- Sort and insert newspapers; learn zip codes as needed
- Prepare newspapers and other publications for mailing
- Operate strapper and mailing machine
Non-exempt, 15-25 hours per week, Monday & Tuesday, flexible as needed to meet production schedule
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER