Seeking a part time Practice Office Associate for our New Hyde Park Allergy and Asthma Practice.
Performs diversified office-clerical duties including, but not limited to scheduling appointments; facilitating communications; preparing consultation charts; taking and prioritizing telephone calls; maintaining and documenting incoming reports, filing, receptionist duties, and light typing/data entry.
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments and arrival. Performs other various receptionist duties and maintains reception area.
- Collects, verifies and records demographic, insurance and referral information.
- Collects, records and receipts outstanding money.
- Prepares patient charts.
- Maintains patient and correspondence transcription records. Collects, sorts, files, locates and distributes needed information, materials, records and paperwork.
- Proof reads transcribed correspondence.
- Operates related office equipment.
- Answers and processes overflow calls.
- Performs light typing duties such as various correspondence, reports, articles or data entry.
- May prepare and maintain various statistical data.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior customer service experience, required. Patient relations experience, preferred.
- Data entry skills (80 kpm), required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.