PRIMARY (ESSENTIAL) FUNCTION: Responsible for performing a variety of duties to
provide quality nursing care, and to coordinate total nursing care for individuals within a group home setting using the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; effectively interacts with families and other health team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing. Reports directly to the RN Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
• Other duties may be required and assigned
• Perform all the duties of a Registered Nurse
• Administer medications
• Participate in the admission of individuals to assigned homes
• Clarifies initial medication orders, reviews status and medication plan.
• Develops plans to ensure that the medical and health care needs are met
• Ensures appropriate medical follow-up
• Provides special instructions to individuals and home staff related to on-going medical conditions
• Documents accurate and on-going assessment of services in accordance with Agency policy and
• Participates in Agency training activities
• Insures compliance with all operating policies and procedures and NJ Dept. of Health and the State of NJ
• Department of Human Services/Division of Developmental Disabilities regulations and Federal Health Care
• Administration regulations
• Ensures documentation and reports meet all requirements of the State of NJ Department of Human
• Services/ Division of Developmental Disabilities and Elwyn NJ
• Adheres to all current policies and procedures of Elwyn-NJ
• Attend meetings as needed and assigned. Serves on various committees and subcommittees
• Keeps current in the field of Developmental Disabilities, Mental Health
• Cooperates with Elwyn NJ and the State of NJ Department of Human Services, and, any authorized investigating body during any inspection or investigation
• Perform other related duties, as assigned
CONTACTS: Various daily contacts including with individuals served, families, direct cares staff and other staff requiring courtesy, discretion, high level of professionalism and ethical standards of personal conduct, confidentiality and sound judgment.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Graduate of an approved school of nursing Two (2) years' experience working with the developmentally disabled, preferred. Current New Jersey RN License required by Statues and must be submitted to Human Resource Department each year. Must hold a valid driver's license. Must successfully complete and obtain/maintain all certifications as required by Elwyn NJ and regulatory agencies. Or equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the characteristics required to do the essential functions of the class may be substituted for those listed. Must be at least 18 years of age.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We may make reasonable accommodations to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, we frequently require the employee to sit, stand, carry, walk, bend talk hear and no lifting restrictions. Must be available for "On Call and/or Rotational Duty."
WORKING CONDITIONS: standard conditions normal for this class and settings with flexible hours
Elwyn New Jersey reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Elwyn New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law.
Registered Nurse, RN, Bancroft, Devereux, KenCrest, Arc of Camden County, Are of Salem County, JEVS Human Services, Melmark, Oaks Integrated Care
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled