Illinois Sport Service, located at Guaranteed Rate Field (333 W. 35th Street), has a great opportunity available as part-time, seasonal Bar Server. Must be 21 years or older to serve alcohol. All job offers will be contingent on the successful completion of criminal background check.
- Greets guests at table and supplies guests with menus if necessary
- Communicates daily specials, answers questions about menu items, and takes beverage and/or food orders
- Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, adheres to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Enters orders into point-of-sale system so that kitchen staff can prepare food.
- Picks up drinks and food when orders are ready and delivers orders to guests
- Observes and follows-up with guests to respond if they require additional service
- Prepares and delivers check to guests at table
- Accepts and processes payment
- Performs opening, closing, and side work duties as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Cleans table and prepares it for next guests
- Makes suggestions to management to improve service, or change menus
- Trains others on job duties and company procedures
Education & Experience:
- Previous experience as a server, or similar guest service position strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with a point-of-sale system in service or hospitality environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple table assignments at one time
- Possess basic knowledge of standard drink recipes and alcohol brand names.
- Ability to operate point-of-sale system to enter orders and prepare checks.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately total guest checks and count change
- Strong communication skills, including listening skills and ability to take food and beverage orders and fill those orders correctly.
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to lift, balance and move large food trays, weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders and prepare bills.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds for set-up, service and clean up of functions
- Ability to stand or walk for entire length of shift; may include walking up and down stairs
- Good mobility to maneuver between tables to deliver food to customers.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Variable temperatures – required to move between hot, noisy conditions of kitchen and climate-controlled dining environment, as well as move between indoor/outside setting
- Noise level may be moderate to high during busy times
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer