Security Officer Position Summary:
HSS is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Security Officer. This is a unique and critical position as HSS provides physical security services to the airports critical areas. Being the 14th busiest airport in the nation, MCO serves over 32 million visitors annually! It's not every day that you get to join an organization in a position that has the level of importance that an Aviation Security Professional position possesses and HSS maintains standards of excellence that you can be proud to represent.
Provide direct security and related public services
· Provide a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities, or suspicious activities in public and non-public which may include but is not limited to areas such as the main building, outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels, mechanical areas, or patient treatment areas
· Respond quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations
· Escort persons and assist facility personnel
· Be alert for activities, which could result in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property
· Communicate effectively with diverse people including clients or their representatives, client employees, visitors, or client vendors
· Comprehend and fulfill written or verbal instructions
· Write accurate, clear, and legible reports
· Maintain a positive working relationship with facility staff members
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of a facility and where applicable of multiple facilities
· Enforce and abide by all regulations and guidelines of the facility and HSS
· Perform other duties at the direction of or in the absence of the Security leader or Facility Security Representative
High School Diploma or General Education Degree, Associates Degree preferred.
Obtain applicable jurisdictional security license(s) may require motor vehicle driver's license; complete TEAM training, HSS and Facility New Employee Orientation upon employment. Ability to obtain client/contract specific certifications which may include, but are not limited to, CPR/First Aid, etc.
Prefer experience in dealing with the public in a service setting.
Read, write, and speak English language; able to write routine reports and correspondence; possess basic computer skills; meet applicable license requirements; observe, walk, stand, sit, or drive for extended periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs, and carry fire extinguishers or other emergency equipment; help restrain or lift a person; occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds; frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision.
Part Time Flex 16-32 hours per week. Must have open availability to work any shift. Potential for promotion to Supervisor.
$12.70 per hour base pay.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled