The incumbent analyzes food samples for various physical and/or sensory attributes based on standardized procedures.
- Prepare and analyze samples using good overall lab practices while documenting each step and ensuring test area is cleaned and sanitized after each set of samples.
- Set up evaluation room for testing; which includes delivery and pickup of individual samples, basic daily cleanup, overall general scientific knowledge and conforming to expected behavior when exposed to external panelists.
- Track samples as they are moved through testing. Ensure communication with other groups regarding sample arrivals as well as sensory and physical test schedules and samples that are still needed to complete sensory sessions.
- Maintain accurate data records within Excel, Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), and RedJade sensory software.
- Document training to meet quality systems and ask questions of supervisor to gain additional knowledge as it pertains to methods and processes within the department.
- Report all errors to Supervisor; assist in investigation for non-conformances.
- Share information with clients, coworkers, supervisor and managers in a professional and courteous manner and ensure appropriate interaction with external panelists and potential participants.
- Share any supply needs with Supervisors to ensure stock is available and testing proceeds without interruption.
- Perform housekeeping tasks and update documents, sign off and place in binder for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly records. Ensure work is completed, documented, signed and given to appropriate personnel.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process (TQM).
- Perform other related duties as needed.