The Student Ambassador program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing Georgia Military College. Student Ambassadors are the public face of the college. They will serve in official capacity at special college and community events throughout the year, and assist First Year Students in the transition of college life through development of meaningful relationships. This honorary group of students has the opportunity to enhance leadership skills, personal growth, and professional development while creating long lasting ties with their future alma mater.
- Assist with duties and task of New Student Orientation, to include serving as a group leader.
- Conduct campus tours for new students, schools, classes and guests.
- Welcome and greet students and visitors at the Information Station.
- Assist with a variety of office related tasks.
- Make classroom visits to PER 101 to introduce yourself, promote GMC activities and resources.
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student.
- Attend routine team meetings and Annual Leadership Retreat.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be currently enrolled at GMC in at least 6 credit hours.
- Complete 12 hours of coursework to submit application.
- Must have a quarterly and cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- Demonstrate strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Be willing to adhere to the Ambassador Dress Code and present a well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, dependability and enthusiasm.
- Submit application and one letter of reference from a GMC Milledgeville faculty member to the Student Orientation Supervisor.
Please note: Applying to the Student Ambassador program does not guarantee acceptance to the program.
*Criminal background check and drug screen must be cleared before any candidate may begin working.
Georgia Military College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.