|Title||Part Time Teller|
|Work Hours||25 hours weekly/ 50 per pay period|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
A Teller has the responsibility to take ownership of all tasks and challenges that they encounter in the operation of their assigned position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Serves customers quickly, accurately, efficiently and confidentially according to the South State Bank Service Standards.
• Knows and understand the products and services offered by the Bank. These include facts and features, benefits and advantages, rules and regulations, price structure, and a simple definition of each service offered.
• Able to identify customer needs and expectations by listening for clues. Seeks the opportunity to expand customer relationships by making referrals as outlined in the goals for this position.
• Presents a neat and professional personal appearance, in accordance with bank policy.
• Knows and ensures compliance to all banking regulations to include Regulation CC and Bank Secrecy Act.
• Performs the following teller duties:
1. Processes transactions for savings, checking, and loan accounts
2. Maintains a neat and orderly work area
3. May assist in guiding and training new tellers
4. May allow customers access to safe deposit boxes
5. Cashes checks and processes savings withdrawals within assigned limits and in accordance with prescribed procedures
6. Sells certified checks within assigned limits
7. Balances transactions on a daily basis
8. May assist with servicing/balancing ATM
9. May utilize the branch capture system
10. Knows and follows policies and procedures in completing transactions, minimizing operational errors and maintaining a proper work flow
11. Knows and follows the branch’s security and audit procedures and understands the function and operation of the security devices
TELLER I FUNCTIONS:
• 18 months or less experience
• Teller Duties Only
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Education: High School Diploma
• Experience: Cash Handling, Sales, Customer Service; Previous banking experience preferred
• Knowledge: Good interpersonal skills, good computer skills, ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Complete Teller School
• Annual Regulatory Compliance training
• New Employee Orientation, Product Knowledge Class, PC Navigator, Sales 101, Sales 201, as well as continual update of processes and teller system.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access and interpret information on computer screens, documents, reports, and cash denominations, and identify customers.
This position does not require travel.