The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Chinese Flagship Peer Tutor on the Dahlonega campus. The Chinese Language Flagship Peer Tutors, under the guidance of the Flagship Tutoring Coordinator, provide one-on-one tutoring to Chinese Flagship students at UNG. Depending on individual time availability, tutors may be assigned 5 to 15 one-hour sessions per week. This position is Grant Funded.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
The Chinese Flagship Tutor will:
- Provide one-on-one tutoring sessions with Flagship students. Follow session curriculum as designed by the program. Sessions will be conducted entirely in Chinese.
- Focus on developing students’ speaking and listening skills, provide assistance with reading and writing only as needed under the guidance of the tutoring coordinator.
- Receive professional trainings from the Flagship tutoring coordinator and academic director
- Must be a native Chinese speaker OR advanced-level non-native speaker.
- High School diploma required, some bachelors level coursework preferred
- Three months of college-level tutoring required.
- Must be a native Chinese speaker OR advanced-level non-native speaker
- Non-native speakers must present Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI/OPIc) certificate
- Must be mature, responsible, flexible, and willing to help Flagship students. Be committed to tutor for at least one summer term.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.