The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Temporary Peer Advisor on the Dahlonega Campus. Peer Advisors will work closely with Professional Academic Advisors to Assist with New Student Orientation, provide general information, promote academic advising, seek to enhance the first year experience of UNG students, and provide support for at-risk students. PA undergo intensive training to enhance leadership skill and learn UNG policies and procedures. PA will be able to work around 30 hours a semester.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
The Peer Advisor will:
- Represent Academic Advising department at campus events such as orientations, club fairs, major fairs, open houses and other UNG sponsored events
- Develop and present workshops such as technology workshops, NIGHTHAWK registration workshops, and information sessions.
- Promote student services through outreach and marketing.
- Aid students in course scheduling during registration and add/drop periods.
- Attend ongoing training as necessary (initial PA training, FERPA training, etc).
- Attend meetings and office duties.
- Must have communication skills, public speaking, basic knowledge of UNG and Gainesville Campus
- Availability for most UNG orientation sessions (dates provided upon request).
- Current student planning to enroll in 6 or more credit hours in Fall 2018. GPA 2.75 or higher
- Must have twelve (12) earned credit hours.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.