Children's Hospital of Wisconsin is seeking a Full/Part-time or As Needed Pediatrician who works as an Acute Care Provider in one or more of Children's Hospital of Wisconsin's urgent care clinics.
- Provides appropriate acute pediatric care services.
- Maintains and complies with all OSHA standards to achieve clinic compliance.
- Current license to practice medicine in the State of Wisconsin.
- Current malpractice insurance at a level of $400,000/$1,000,000 as well as participation in the Patient Compensation Fund.
- Current DEA number. Must be ABP (American Board of Pediatrics) eligible or ABP certified.
- Current CPR certification - Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers through American Heart or American Red Cross is required.
- CHW medical staff membership in the Department of Medicine with core privileges in pediatrics or CHW pediatric PL3.
- Demonstrated proficiency in skills necessary to manage urgent care patients normally acquired during pediatric residency training.
- Must demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills when dealing with fellow physicians, nurses, patients, families and other staff.
- Physically and mentally able to perform all patient care duties.
- Good medical record documentation skills as demonstrated by concise and pertinent entries.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in teaching, which will include student level and professionals (nurses, pediatric nurse practitioners, interns/residents).
- Able to lift/carry 20 lbs frequently, 50 lbs occasionally and push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to occasionally reach overhead and frequently squat/bend/kneel and regularly stand, walk and move about.