At Pace, our passion is to serve others and improve lives through logistics. People are the center of everything that we do. We care deeply about helping others succeed. From our customers to their customers, from our team members to our partners, we are committed in serving everyone with a relentless servant spirit. It’s how we do business. Our people and our culture epitomize dependability. Come and let’s solve logistics together!
Pace is looking to adopt an enthusiastic and customer centric individual to become a part of our family as a Pace Part Time Warehouse Sorter. You will work in an energetic environment with a team of experts in our Field Operations Department and report to the Logistics Supervisor. As our environment is shooting forwarding, our team is organized and flexible in scheduling with a F2T (Free 2 Talk) attitude throughout every level of our organization!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced warehouse environment unloading, moving, organizing, staging, accounting for and loading various types of freight.
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches manifest materials.
- Identify and report discrepancies in load materials.
- Sort and efficiently stage orders to be shipped.
- Ability to use technology, including scanners.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for employee and customer traffic.
- Ability to multi-task various functions simultaneously.
- Build relationships with customers at the dock-level to ensure ongoing operating improvements and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
- Ability to operate various warehouse equipment, including but not limited to, shrink wrappers, pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Use of computers including Microsoft Office and other programs.
- Perform other duties assigned by superiors.
Daytime 08:00- 15:00 or until sort complete
3 shifts weekly
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior logistics dock experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate with customers and at all organizational levels.
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Ability to operate a forklift preferred (prefer certification).
- Ability to use scanners and knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Able to work around moving machinery.
- Warehouse environment, exposure to dust, loud noise and outdoor temperatures.