Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.Total Traffic + Weather Network
Job Summary:Employee will produce content for national wire service. This includes writing (national) summaries as well as summaries for local markets. Employee will work with the production of news audio and may anchor newscasts. Position also includes general newsroom responsibilities. This is a weekend position that could also include some weekday shifts.
• News/content writer.
• Gathers, writes, edits and prepares content (text and audio) for wire service.
• Anchors national and local newscasts as assigned.
• General newsroom responsibilities.
• Three-plus years of news/journalism experience
• Fully proficient with station(s)’ computer, voice and data systems or ability to learn new systems quickly
• Knowledge of local audience’s interests and preferences
• Excellent writing and editing ability; excellent grammar
• Strong time management skills; adept at setting priorities and managing deadlines
• Ability to plan and organize, manage projects and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• High degree of attention to detail, optimal work standards and process improvement ability
• Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills, can collaborate with all station staff
• Four-year Bachelor's degree in a related field; Media, Communications, or Journalism preferred
• None required
LocationPhoenix, AZ: 4686 E. Van Buren Street, Suite 400, 85008
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.