PDI is a family owned distributor of plumbing and related products. Our mission is to continue to be a leader in our industry by providing quality products and superior service. We are committed to growth through successful partnerships with customers, vendors, and employees.
We are looking for a Counter Salesperson to join our growing team.
At PDI, our goal is to always be committed to providing quality products with prompt, efficient, courteous service in all segments of our business. We pride ourselves in keeping flexibility of procedures and policy at the forefront so that customer needs are always satisfied.
Since 1973, we have maintained our position as a leader in the wholesale distribution industry and offer first-class service to customers in the residential and commercial plumbing industries, as well as, home builders, interior designers, remodelers, and homeowners. We operate eight branch locations and nine showrooms throughout Georgia, Tennessee, and South Carolina.
Function: The Counter Sales person will increase sales and customer satisfaction by efficiently and courteously assisting internal and external customers in the selection and purchase of needed products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure that counter area is staffed and customers are waited on promptly and courteously.
- Answer phone promptly, always using proper phone etiquette.
- Possesses sufficient product knowledge to understand customer’s needs when entering orders.
- Stay current on information systems, especially the AS400 Mincron system.
- Always verify accounts and read all notes. Pulls orders quickly and accurately by bin location;
- Maintains and updates open order report weekly.
- Maintains and rotates counter displays in a neat and orderly fashion;
- Handles returns promptly; checks material for damage or defects, enters return into computer using correct disposition code, places saleable material back in stock and defective material in proper location;
- Handle all sales following company pricing and credit guidelines;
- Actively participates in company-sponsored sales and marketing promotions;
- Always assist in or load material in or on customer vehicle; check any material customer may have loaded (i.e. pipe);
- Exemplifies excellent customer service, keeping customer satisfied and complaints to a minimum while showing a positive attitude.
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sales items as well as new products;
- Takes responsibility and solves customer complaints and problem; never placing blame.
- Always follow special instructions on orders.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase your product knowledge.
- Assist other departments during off peak times.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (continued):
- Performs other duties as assigned and uses time wisely.
- Fulfills the above guidelines, cooperate with all PDI associates, and contribute to the TEAM SPIRIT
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of industry experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Keyboard experience preferred
- Problem solving skills preferred
- Must be able to sit/stand 8-10 hours
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check
What are the benefits?
PDI offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.relyonpdi.com to learn more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Parts Counter Representative