Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 71762BR Date posted 09/14/2018 City Columbus State Georgia Country US
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Parts Family Manufacturing Engineer Supervisor to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney - Columbus Forge, a recognized leader in producing major rotating components and air foils for the aerospace propulsion market, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be your opportunity.
- You lead an organization of part family manufacturing engineers focused continuous improvement of precision forged airfoils and the various product lines supported by the Airfoils Business Units.
- You develop and implement plans that are in line with the business strategy to further our world-class technology portfolio
- You provide operational engineering support through MRB dispositioning, QN routing, and UPPAP certification while building customer relationships
- Leverage manufacturing innovations to improve cost, delivery, and quality of aerospace airfoils
- Develop plans and processes to align with our growth strategy to support the next generation of aerospace propulsion systems
- Lead engineering team in research and development activities to support cross functional areas regarding technical and or material/metallurgical issues related to quality, operations, and processes
- Assist with problem solving during manufacturing related investigations
- Support operational excellence using statistical analysis for process control and certification
- Lead the ACE journey to continuously improve the quality and exceed customer's expectations
- Drive partnership with Process Engineering and Quality Engineering teams through continuous improvement journey
- Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S program by complying with all policies and procedures
- Drive growth within the engineering team to transform Columbus Forge Blades into a world class manufacturing facility
- This position is part of Columbus Forge Blades talent growth strategy to maintain our competitive advantage in the airfoil industry
- Develop airfoil routing strategies using statistical methods that meet or exceed the business objective for process control. Partner with Process Engineering and Manufacturing Operations to develop sustainable Manufacturing Quality Instructions.
- Own the Columbus Forge Blades adoption and integration of SAP & Solumina G7
- Periodic travel required (
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
Qualification: Preferred Qualifications:
- Understanding of and hands on experience with super alloy traditional machining and processing of complex 3-D geometries.
- Demonstrated working relationship with vendors and customers
- Experience writing and auditing Manufacturing and Engineering work instructions
- Knowledge of broaching, multi axis and milling, and mill-turn techniques to produce airfoils from super alloy forgings is a plus
- Knowledge of thermal processing of super alloys, robotics, heat treat, conventional and non-conventional machining techniques is a plus
- Self-starter able to prioritize multiple priorities will little oversight
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with project management experience is a plus
- Statistical Process Control required DMAIC, Process Certification, UPPAP, Six Sigma preferred
- Ability to work with CAD tools, and create engineering blue prints using ASME Y14.5
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with experience in Project
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with Kaizen events or experience with a continuous improvement program (ACE, 6S, etc.)
Do you wish you could put your expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Education: Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree minimum 7+ years of experience OR
- Master's degree minimum of 5+ years of experience
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.