Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, this person will assist with the controls of the maintenance parts inventory and PM documentation for the Facility.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates with management, coworkers, and vendors in orders, exchanging, receiving, or issuing the parts, supplies, or tools. Addresses questions from mechanics and vendors regarding the suitability of parts.
- Organizes the maintenance parts inventory and insures parts are properly identified and stored.
- Stores stock items in bins or shelves. This may require reaching for parts on elevated shelves.
- Operates a forklift or dolly as needed to properly move or store parts.
- Supervises the day-to-day activity of the maintenance buyer and the process of purchasing of maintenance parts for the plant.
- Controls and maintains adequate inventories of maintenance parts and supplies as directed by the maintenance manager.
- Monitors and controls the disbursement of parts to mechanics.
- Reorders maintenance parts and supplies as needed based on the minimum/maximum settings in the computerized maintenance management system or direction by the maintenance manager or maintenance supervisor.
- Performs regular cycle counts to insure that records of on hand quantities in the maintenance management system are accurate.
- Under direction, adds or deletes parts from inventory and reorganizes the parts room as plant equipment changes.
- Generates reports on stockroom activities to include parts disbursements, stock outages and inventory costs.
- Maintains overall organization and cleanliness of the parts room.
- Generates work schedules and preventive maintenance documentation using the computerized maintenance management system as directed and insures completed work is properly documented in the maintenance management system
- Maintain records relating to all maintenance activities using the computerized maintenance management system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical aptitude with an ability to learn how to identify maintenance parts and supplies.
- Organizational skills in order to be able to catalog and properly store maintenance parts and supplies.
- High School diploma and adequate computer skills to be able to learn how to use the computerized maintenance management system.
Computer Literate Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites, experience with Excel is a plus.
- SAP experience is a plus.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.