Pastry Chef for the Legal Harborside Restaurant!
Great chance to join the Legal Sea Foods’ Family of restaurants!
Work with views of the Boston Harbor!
Located in the exciting Seaport!
Join our Team!
The Pastry Chef has overall responsibility for the daily operations of the Pastry kitchen, including but not limited to: pastry and dessert production (for all 3 levels of the Legal Harborside property including the market place), ordering, inventory and the management of the pastry staff. He/She ensures that the preparation of baked goods is in accordance with company standards on merchandise presentation, safety, sanitation, and service.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Responsibility for overseeing daily bakeshop production
- Assisting in the supervision of the a la carte execution of the desserts and pastry items on all 3 floors of the property along with helping with large events
- Responsibility for teaching and mentoring a team of 2 to 4 pastry cooks.
- A partnership with the Chef, where there is responsibility for optimizing profits and increasing sales through proper control of food, supplies, labor, and productivity.
- The developing and implementing of a seasonally changing dessert menu, planning features and special dessert menu items.
- Managing bakery personnel by hiring, managing, and developing, assigning and directing work, conducting performance appraisals, training of associates in the pastry department.
Key Skills may include:
- Bread Baking
- Savory Preparations
- Cakes and Pies
- Executing for a la cart and large private events
Legal Harborside is Legal Sea Foods’ 20,000 square foot flagship property on the Boston Waterfront, comprising three floors and three different concepts under one (retractable) roof. You’ll find a nod to our heritage on the first floor hull, with a casual menu of seafood favorites with a twist, an oyster bar and a market. The second floor dining room offers cuisine prepared with sensible creativity for celebratory eating and private dining events. And those that visit the third floor promenade deck will enjoy a four-season rooftop lounge with a retractable glass roof and walls for cocktails and bites. All aboard!
Become a part of a family run business that prides itself on providing a great employee experience!